August Trip is a Go!
Don't pack up those water guns and swim gear just yet! After much deliberation and discussions with the hotel, the rafting company and local restaurants, we feel we can host an event in the safest way possible. That being said, there will be some major changes that you need to know before making a reservation. August 14-16 is still the date.
• We are waiving the cancellation fees. If you are sick, stay home. If you have been exposed to someone who has, or might have, COVID-19 stay home. Don't risk exposing someone on the trip.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
The Date is still August 14-16.
Changes for Your Health and Safety:
• First off, you must be a resident of Colorado with a Colorado billing address to attend. We love all of you who come from out of state, but encouraging interstate travel right now doesn't make sense.
• Big Gay Raft Trip, LLC will solely be a ticketing agent for this event, rather than organizing events, etc. The hotel, individual restaurants, and rafting company are responsible for health rules and safety at those locations.
• No happy hour at the pool on Friday. The hotel has decided to keep the pool open, but please limit gathering around the pool and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
• No use of the hot tub.
• You must wear a mask/face covering at all times, with the exception of in your hotel room, on the raft, or at a table in a restaurant.
• You must keep any gatherings to less than 10 people to comply with state rules.
• Unlike previous years, we will be organizing rafts prior to the event. After registration you will receive instructions for how this will work. Make sure all parties in your group register at the same time to ensure you all get tickets. There will be 6-8 people in each raft and will be given a different time or area to meet at the boat house in order to comply with the 10 person grouping limit. At no point during the day will we exceed the 10 person limit in the state's guidelines.
• Restaurant tables are limited to 6 people.
• These are the changes we are aware of right now. Other changes or restrictions could be added or reduced as we get closer to the event.
Did I mention you must wear a mask? I don't give a crap about your claim of individual rights or liberties. The science here is pretty clear. Care about yourself and everyone else and wear a mask. If you need a mask, this Denver company makes great ones: FaceForward If you don't want to wear a mask, don't come.
Registration Opens Sunday July 19, 1pm Mountain Time
• We are only selling 70 tickets. That's about half of what we sell for a normal August. We will have a waiting list after we sell out.
• Each person will need to accept the terms and agreements regarding changes to the event for your health and safety, therefore each person will need to register themselves. Make sure you register at the same time to ensure you each get tickets.
A link to registration will be sent via email on Sunday. Make sure you are on our email list to get the registration link: Email List Signup
We know some of you would prefer to see us cancel and some of you would prefer we go all out with a normal event. This seemed like the best option for our comfort level as organizers.
Ladd & Solomon